Welcome to BREAZE
Ballarat Renewable Energy And Zero Emissions - Based in Ballarat, Victoria.
BREAZE is a locally formed group of energetic, forward thinking people who believe that there are more sustainable ways of living on our patch of the planet. If you are concerned about climate change and want to actively reduce greenhouse emissions in and around Ballarat, then JOIN US! Get involved, contribute ideas, show your support. Together, we can make a difference.
- Category: Sustainable House Day
- Last Updated: 12 July 2014
- Hits: 101
Are you interested in helping to promote sustainable living?
Do you have a home with sustainable features?
Would other people be interested in the ideas you've implemented?
Would you be happy to help as a volunteer at a sustainable house?
How about putting your home on the list to be visited on Sustainable House Day?
It's on two Sundays - September 7th and/or 15th this year
- Category: Pot Luck Dinners
- Last Updated: 20 July 2014
- Hits: 2853
In 2014 - We are celebrating 7 years of Pot Luck Dinners!
- Category: Sustainable House Day
- Last Updated: 28 June 2014
- Hits: 402
An extreme energy efficiency house for you to visit.
Part of BREAZE monthly CLIMATE FRIENDLY HOME visits 2014.
Sunday 20th July – tour starts at 10am, closes at 11.30am.
245A Scott Parade, Brown Hill - Park on the street and walk down the drive (The home is "round the back")
- Category: Solar Electricity
- Last Updated: 26 June 2014
- Hits: 371
MARS Australia has officially launched the largest commercial roof-mounted Solar Array in Ballarat featuring innovative ground-mounted Solar Trackers.
Conergy secured the 210kWp Mars Australia Solar Project and selected BREAZE Energy Solutions as the project manager of installation services. Conergy's in-house Engineers designed the system and supplied the quality solar components for BREAZE Energy Solutions to install at the Ballarat factory site.
Acting Mars General Manager, Mr Duncan Webster said “This solar photovoltaic installation will reduce energy consumption by 280MW/h per annum, reduce carbon dioxide emissions by about 350 tonnes a year and provide net energy cost savings of $50,000 a year.”
The Conergy Solar Project delivers an innovative solution to reducing the Mars Ballarat factory operating costs keeping them competitive in the local market while continuing to produce the highest quality chocolate.
Key features of the Mars solar installation include:
- Conergy German-made panels, providing high yields even in diffused light and positive performance tolerance of up to +4.99Wp, backed by a superior linear performance warranty term of 25 years.
- Rooftop mounting system rated to withstand cyclonic conditions.
- Two 6kW solar tracking systems, guaranteeing up to 45% higher system yields.
- Three phase inverter system, providing high yield performance in the field.
- High performance monitoring system, ensuring optimum tracking of power output throughout the year.
- Minimal maintenance, further reducing operating costs.
- The largest roof-mounted Solar Array in Ballarat.
- The largest Solar System on a Commercial Business in Ballarat.
Conergy selected BREAZE due to their vast amount of local knowledge and experience and long-term support of Conergy product. Conergy and BREAZE Energy Solutions are delighted to have helped such a major contributor to Ballarat's economy go solar and save.
Conergy and BREAZE Energy Solutions would like to thank the following local businesses for the fantastic work they did to deliver the project: Nagel Electrics, Ross Proud & Associates, Taydan Sheetmetal and PM Builders.